|A New Body At Last
- Tom Baker recalls his rocky relationship with Graham Williams,
and his feelings on the changes John Nathan-Turner brought about...
and the decisions leading up to his resignation.
- Christopher H Bidmead and Baeker both discuss the latter's
attitude and the production office's response to his latest
request to leave.
- Peter Moffatt gives his thoughts on Tom during State of
Decay and the effect he had on others. Uncomfortable
interview clips remind us how difficult he could be, as do
comments from Bidmead.
- Baker describes the sexuality of his relationship with Lalla
Ward and Moffatt reminds us how it showed itself during the
making of the show and that he gave the marriage six months.
- John Black gives a slightly different opinion of Tom, while
Baker admits more how argumentative he became. We see this in
footage from The Leisure Hive and Matthew Waterhouse
shares his memories.
- Baker, Bidmead and Moffatt on Baker's drinking habits and
his desire to work around the scripts. Baker defends his
decisions to ignore the scriptwriters.
- Peter Davison recalls being phoned by Nathan-Turner to offer
him the job of the Doctor and his surprise. Baker is unimpressed
with his successor.
- Moffatt and Black talk about working with Davison and the
contrast with Baker.
- Sarah Sutton explains how she came to become a regular
- Bidmead talks about his inspiration for Logopolis (primarily
being from The Keeper of Traken) and talks us through
some of the reasons for the plot points, including the Watcher.
- Adrian Gibbs explains how he became cast and recalls the
filming and Bidmead admits he was honoured to write Baker's
- Davison, Bidmead, Baker, Gibbs, Davison and Sutton go over
their experiences of the regeneration.
- Discussion turns to Four to Doomsday, with thoughts
from Davison and Black both on the story itself and the costume
for the fifth Doctor. Davison then recalls The Visitation,
Kinda and Castrovalva. Bidmead shares his joy at
working with Davison...
Narrator: Denis Lawson
Camera: Une Herzer, John Kelly, Steve Broster
Colourist: Jonathan Wood
Studio Sound: Angus Anderson, Sue Malpass
Dubbing Mixer: Benedict Peissel
Archive Material: BBC Television
Additional Music: Paddy Kingsland
Also featuring Tom Baker (Oakey/Wright) performed by The Human
League, Published by Dinsong, Courtesy of Virgin Records Limited
Thanks to: Stephen Cranford, Mark Gatiss, Roger Legree, Ian Levine,
Steven Sigel, Jan Vincent-Rudzki
Produced and Directed by Paul Vanezis 2entertain (c) 2007
Nationwide - Tom
Pebble Mill at One - Peter Davison
Photo Gallery (5'05")
64 colour and b/w photos from the making of this story.
With thanks to BBC Photographic Library, Derek Handley
(c) 2006 2entertain
Doctor Who Annual, Radio Times Listings, Season 18 Overseas
By Tom Baker, Janet Fielding and Christopher H Bidmead
The full score for this serial.